How to create your own Master mind group
In the last article http://muqamispeaks.co.ke/tapping-into-the-mastermind-group-concept/ we talked about the importance of a Mastermind group which involved working with a group of likeminded individuals to a mutual purpose .
On the top of the list, the most important role of a mastermind group is the accountability concept. You participate in goal setting thus you have to provide a status report on the progress towards your goals. A mastermind provides the best way to learn by bringing together ambitious individuals with a collective vision.
So how do you create a master mind group that excels
First of all, just like anything else it needs patience and resilience. There is no guarantee that it’s going to succeed for the first time, but you always find a way of making it work. Below are a few steps to steer you in the right Track.
- Pick a focus area; as earlier stated it needs to have a shared goal; you can have as many groups based on different issues. It may be financial growth, business building, fitness, parenthood. Having a specific area of focus allows you to attract the right type of people.
- Membership; once you have the focus are, you can choose to either approach individuals who you feel fit in the mastermind or call for applications. The application process allows you to select individuals that fit within the group’s priorities. The bottom line is to ensure all members are critical thinkers who share similar interest, are supportive of the idea and have diverse skillsets to enrich the group.
- Set ground rules from the start; Do not wait for the group to begin, for people to join the see where it goes; No. Do your research, find out what works and what group rules ensure commitment and consistency. It also facilitates open communications on the contribution and expectation of members. The ground rules also provide information on meeting decorum and basic logistics.
- Come up with an agenda; This ensures that the group is efficient and has structure. Create and share the agenda before the meetings to give the members a heads up and allow the meeting to flow seamlessly as all members are aware of the days procedure.
- Set up your tools; Figure out what tools will enable you meet your needs and priorities. The tools include Video conferencing, webinars, membership sites, file sharing and other popular but efficient tools.
- Decide on the membership Price; The membership prices enable you to facilitate the day to day running of the group. It also contributes to perceived value of the group; you need to be careful not to undersell or oversell; this comes hand in hand with what you are offering in terms of benefits, solution and content provision.
- Retain and grow membership; You may have a membership cap which may keep expanding based on your goals and growing capabilities. You need to keep members fully engaged by providing valuable content that helps them achieve results from their set goals. Having an interactive feedback loop allows you to keep members successful and happy while attracting more of your ideal members. The idea is to be consistent in delivering valuable, engaging and exclusive content
If you have an interest, the expertise and the passion, go ahead and create your own mastermind. It is a great business opportunity that is based on nurturing a community of likeminded individuals in different fields. Master group provides a rich well of diverse perspectives, great resources through collective efforts to bring about solutions to novel problems.
Share your thoughts on the master mind concept.